Pike fishing on the Bristol Avon

Pike angling as a key part of general coarse fishing is becoming an increasingly popular pastime in the UK and Europe.

Pike fishing on the Bristol Avon

Postby theo1carp » 16 Feb 2009 21:53

Fished the Bristol Avon for pike quite a bit a few years ago and even though I tried really hard I couldn't spike a fish over 15lb. I have heard of a few real big fish but I just cant find them.

Has anyone fished the stretch that goes under the m4 recently because I am sure that part of the river could throw up a good esox?
theo1carp

Re: Pike fishing on the Bristol Avon

Postby Mooks » 27 Feb 2009 19:10

Well bud we went to the neck end of damflask two days ago there were 8 anglers altogether and we all had the same result..blanked !!!
Everyone tried various things float legered spin even but nothing but a short run that one guy missed..
Bailiff said its been a very frustrating season with only a handful of fish coming out..
But will be doing alot of close season piking to keep my barbel arm from seizing up.. :lol:
Looks like it will be hard work getting a run but ye cant catch if ye not there !!!
Mooks

Postby roebuck » 14 Dec 2010 21:46

A plan was made to fish the BA on sunday 12th dec after olly's accident with the treble hook the previous week.
I armed Olly with my pike gear while I decided to try for some perch placed him in a pike looking swim 8-)
50 yards from where I would be fishing.
Making sure he was happy in the swim I went to my swim and started setting my tackle up.. Then came that call....Daaad....daaaaaad, I hadn't even cast in yet. Thinking to my self "I never really get to fish". I started the short walk back to Olly, I could see a bend in the rod and a beaming face..
After 10-15min he landed a cracking 12lb 10oz beauty his pb to date and only his second pike in his life.
He was a little shaky about holding it while I took the picture.. Well done Son!!!!
Attachments
IMG_0341.JPG
roebuck

Postby mandingo » 14 Dec 2010 23:37

Very well done Olly, massive congratulations from me, and I wish we were there to witness it! :D :D :D
Hope you realise that you now have the biggest fish from the river, in all your family!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)
roebuck wrote: Thinking to my self "I never really get to fish".

You are b****y joking Mike???? You do more fishing than Mr Bowler!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy
Just one last cast!
mandingo

Postby Barbel123 » 15 Dec 2010 09:01

Well done Olly, thats just what I have been trying to do, but failing :lol: Your dad will have to tie you to a tree next time incase you get a bigger one :lol:
James
Barbel123

Postby Rob Harrison » 15 Dec 2010 17:33

What a cracker Olly... well done on beating the old man ;) Well deserved by the sounds of it...
...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy.
Rob Harrison
Site Admin

Postby runhunt » 30 Dec 2010 20:16

yep well done olly, had a pike myself today, unfortunatley, i dont like them!!!! not as big as yours though and i only catch mine on meat and cheesepaste, i dont need trebles!
paul
runhunt

Postby Fish Botherer » 20 Nov 2012 23:05

A Pike trip on the BA from Sunday. Beautiful conditions but quiet on the fish front.
Read the full report below:
http://vincecater-angling.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/pike-fishing-on-bristol-avon.html
Last edited by Fish Botherer on 22 Nov 2012 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
"The float is pleasing in appearance, and even more pleasing in disappearance"
http://vincecater-angling.blogspot.co.uk/
Fish Botherer

Postby Rob Harrison » 21 Nov 2012 10:16

Great morning for taking some cracking pics...
...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy.
Rob Harrison
Site Admin

Postby runhunt » 21 Nov 2012 21:24

yes lovely picture, very atmospheric, river wont be that low again for a while!
runhunt

Next

Return to Pike